{{ currentBoardShortName }}
  • Markets
  • Indices
  • FX
  • Energy
  • Metals
  • Live
Markets
As of: {{timeStamp.date}}
{{timeStamp.time}}

Markets

{{ currentBoardShortName }}
  • Markets
  • Indices
  • FX
  • Energy
  • Metals
  • Live
{{data.symbol | reutersRICLabelFormat:group.RICS}}
 
{{data.netChng | number: 4 }}
{{data.netChng | number: 2 }}
{{data | displayCurrencySymbol}} {{data.price | number: 4 }}
{{data.price | number: 2 }}
{{data.symbol | reutersRICLabelFormat:group.RICS}}
 
{{data.netChng | number: 4 }}
{{data.netChng | number: 2 }}
{{data | displayCurrencySymbol}} {{data.price | number: 4 }}
{{data.price | number: 2 }}

Latest Videos

{{ currentStream.Name }}

Related Video

Continuous Play:
ON OFF

The information you requested is not available at this time, please check back again soon.

More Video

Feb 22, 2018

Boeing makes government's shortlist for fighter jet competition

Hap Sneddon discusses Boeing

VIDEO SIGN OUT

Security Not Found

The stock symbol {{StockChart.Ric}} does not exist

See Full Stock Page »

OTTAWA -- The federal government says Boeing (BA.N) has been approved to participate in an upcoming competition to replace Canada's CF-18s, though the U.S. aerospace giant says it still hasn't decided whether it will actually bid.

Public Services and Procurement Canada says Boeing, which makes the Super Hornet jet, is one of five companies approved as potential bidders in the multibillion-dollar competition to deliver 88 new aircraft.

Boeing had remained on the fence when asked whether it would throw its hat in the ring, saying it was waiting to see how the government would run the competition, which will formally kick off next year.

The comments appeared to be in response to the government's plan to change future competitions for military equipment, including fighter jets, to penalize companies deemed to be hurting Canada's economic interests.

The proposed change is believed to be a direct response to Boeing's complaints against Bombardier (BBDb.TO) over the latter's CSeries passenger jet, which were largely thrown out last month by the U.S. International Trade Commission.

Still, even though Boeing has been allowed to participate, company spokesman Scott Day says the company is continuing to monitor the process and still hasn't decided whether to submit a formal bid.