Jan 21, 2022
Lion Air Flies First 737 Max Since Indonesia Cleared Boeing Jet
(Bloomberg) -- Indonesia’s Lion Mentari Airlines completed its first test flight of a Boeing 737 Max since the country’s regulator ended a flying ban in December, more than three years after one of the carrier’s jets plunged into the Java Sea.
- Tracking site FlightRadar24 showed the Max 8 completing a 2 hour, 38 minute flight Friday
- NOTE: More than 185 global regulators have cleared Max to fly, including China and Ethiopia
- NOTE: Earlier, Hong Kong Allows Airlines to Restart Boeing 737 Max Operations
- NOTE: Earlier, China Southern Test Flies Boeing Max as End of Ban Nears
- NOTE: Jan. 13, Boeing’s 737 Max Nears Return to Commercial Service in China
©2022 Bloomberg L.P.