(Bloomberg) -- Malaysia’s Communication Ministry has proposed to the government that crypto currency such as bitcoin be adopted as legal transfer, its deputy minister Zahidi Zainul Abidin told Parliament on Monday.
- “We hope the government can allow this,” Zahidi said. “We are trying to see how we can legalize this so that we can develop youth participation in crypto and assist them.”
- Crypto currency falls under the purview of the country’s central bank and Securities Commission, he added
- How a Malaysian Utility Is Trying to Stop Illegal Bitcoin Mining
- BNM Head Aims to Give Malaysians More Digital Options in Finance
- Malaysia’s Central Bank Studies Need for a Digital Currency
©2022 Bloomberg L.P.