Kanye West no longer supports President Trump, Forbes reported, citing an interview with the American rapper who says he plans to run for president.
- The rapper intends to run for election under the banner of “the Birthday Party.”
- “I would run as a Republican if Trump wasn’t there. I will run as an independent if Trump is there,” West told Forbes
- West says he believes he was sick with COVID-19 in February and is suspicious of a potential vaccine, according to Forbes.
- West denied that his announcement was a publicity stunt for his upcoming album
- West has selected Michelle Tidball, a preacher from Wyoming, to be his running mate, according to the report
- NOTE: West has taken almost no concrete steps toward a presidential bid, including filing papers officially declaring a candidacy, qualifying for ballot access or building out a campaign infrastructure