May 17, 2023
Thunderbird Entertainment: The powerhouse behind your favourite TV shows and films
- Thunderbird Entertainment is a global entertainment company that creates high-quality content for television, film, and digital media
- The company has worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Netflix, ABC, Cartoon Network, and Disney
OTT streaming is on a continuous upward trajectory, with the number of users set to hit 4.22 billion by 2027, making up over 50% of the world's population, as consumers increasingly turn to on-demand video content for its convenience and flexibility.
Thunderbird Entertainment Group Inc. (TSXV:TBRD), a Venture 50 winner, is capitalizing on the growing trend of OTT streaming services. As a leading global entertainment company, they specialize in creating high-quality content for television, film, and digital media.
Thunderbird's TV division has created a range of popular shows, including Kim's Convenience, Highway Thru Hell, and Beat Bugs, which have all been recognized for their compelling storytelling and top-notch production values. The company's TV productions have been distributed to networks and streaming platforms around the globe, cementing Thunderbird's reputation as a leading player in the global entertainment industry.
Creating a robust content development pipeline has been a priority for Thunderbird. Collectively, the company has 41 projects in various stages of development across Kids & Family, Unscripted and Scripted:
- Kids & Family has 15 projects underway, including Mermicorno, based on tokidoki’s hit design-led property, Eerie Elementary, Max Brallier’s follow-up to The Last Kids on Earth that has sold 2.5 million copies, and The Hall Monitors
- Unscripted has 16 projects on the go, including Fandemonium with Paul Sun-Hyung Lee (Kim’s Convenience, The Mandalorian), Wilderness Quest in association with Wapanatahk Media
- Scripted has rapidly built a development pipeline that currently includes 10 projects at various stages, including police/medical procedural Officer Down, an English-language version of hit Danish dramedy, Akavet, and multiple New York Times Best Sellers
With a track record of success and a commitment to producing innovative and engaging content, Thunderbird is well-positioned to continue shaping the future of the entertainment industry for years to come.
To learn more about Thunderbird Entertainment Group Inc., visit their website here.
Make sure to follow Thunderbird Entertainment to see their latest updates:
The 2023 TSX Venture 50 is a ranking of top performers on TSX Venture Exchange over the last year. The ranking is composed of 10 companies from each of the five industry sectors and are selected based on three equally weighted criteria: market capitalization growth, share price appreciation and trading volume.
For the full 2023 TSX Venture 50 ranking, methodology and profile videos of companies included in the ranking, visit: www.tsx.com/venture50