(Bloomberg) -- Prime Minister Boris Johnson will unveil the U.K.’s “road map” out of its third coronavirus lockdown on Monday afternoon, and is planning a gradual reopening to make sure the pandemic restrictions don’t have to be reimposed.
“This is a cautious, slow and deliberate reopening,” Vaccines Minster Nadhim Zahawi told Sky News on Monday. “We have to be careful, we want it to be sustainable.”
Johnson’s blueprint applies to England, while Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will set out their own timetables. More details will be announced later, but here’s what we know so far:
- All schools to reopen in England
- Two adults from different households will be allowed to meet outdoors for a coffee or to sit down on park bench: until now, this has only been allowed for exercise
- Two families of any size can meet outdoors, including in private gardens, as can a maximum of six people if they come from more then two households
- Outdoor sports and activities such as tennis, golf and grassroots football can resume
- Government target for offering vaccines to all the over-50s
End of July
- Government target for offering vaccines to all adults
©2021 Bloomberg L.P.