Tesla Inc. named Robyn Denholm to be chairman of the board of directors. Here’s some more information about her.
- Denholm, 55, has been chief financial officer and head of strategy at Telstra Corp., Australia’s former phone monopoly, since only Oct. 1 after 18 months as chief operations officer
- Before joining Telstra in January 2017, Denholm was executive vice president, chief financial officer and chief operations officer of networking equipment and software company Juniper Networks Inc.
- She was formerly on the board of the Swiss robotics, power and automation technology company ABB Ltd.
- Denholm has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Sydney and a master’s degree in commerce from the University of New South Wales
- She’s a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants ANZ
- In a statement, Telstra Chief Executive Officer Andy Penn said: “We are sorry to see Robyn leave Telstra. We know that it has become increasingly difficult to balance her responsibilities as Telstra CFO with the increased activity of the Tesla Board.”