The Bay might be resurrecting Zellers as a way to fill unused store space: Retail analyst
Hudson’s Bay plans to open 25 Zellers stores in seven Canadian provinces along with a new e-commerce site this spring.
The Zellers locations will be inside existing Hudson’s Bay stores and measure between 8,000 and 10,000 square feet.
There are four stores planned for British Columbia in Kamloops, Vancouver, Abbotsford and Surrey, three in Alberta including Edmonton and Calgary, one store in Saskatoon and one in Winnipeg.
The nine locations in Ontario will be spread out across the Greater Toronto Area, London, Ottawa and Kingston and there are five planned for Quebec including Quebec City and Sherbrooke, along with two locations in Nova Scotia.
An exact opening date has not been announced but Hudson’s Bay said people can sign up for updates starting Wednesday.
The Canadian discount retail chain has been teasing its comeback since last year, after closing most of its stores in 2013.
HERE ARE THE PLANNED LOCATIONS:
- Pacific Centre, Downtown Vancouver
- Aberdeen Mall, Kamloops
- Guildford Town Centre, Surrey
- 7 Oaks Shopping Centre, Abbotsford
- Kingsway Garden Mall, Edmonton
- Medicine Hat Mall, Medicine Hat
- Sunridge Mall, Calgary
- Midtown Plaza, Saskatoon
- St. Vital, Winnipeg
- Erin Mills, Mississauga
- Burlington Mall, Burlington
- White Oaks Mall, London
- Scarborough Town Centre , Scarborough
- Pen Centre Shopping Plaza, St. Catharines
- Cambridge Centre, Cambridge
- Rideau Center, Ottawa
- St. Laurent Center, Ottawa
- Cataraqui Town Centre, Kingston
- Place Rosemère, Rosemère
- Galeries d'Anjou, Ville Anjou
- Carrefour de l'Estrie, Sherbrooke
- Les Promenades Gatineau, Gatineau
- Les Galeries de la Capitale, Quebec City
- Micmac Mall, Dartmouth
- Mayflower Shopping Mall, Sydney