Feb 24, 2023
Kraken Robotics Inc. pushes boundaries in underwater exploration with advanced imaging solutions
- Kraken Robotics is engaged in the design and development of advanced sensors, software and robotics
- The company is a world-leading innovator of Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) – a revolutionary underwater imaging technology providing ultra-high-resolution imagery at superior coverage rates which dramatically improves seabed surveys
When it comes to technology innovation, Kraken Robotics Inc. (TSXV:PNG) leads the way. The company is providing advanced sonar and laser systems and subsea power solutions for Unmanned Underwater Vehicles for military and commercial applications. Efforts to develop critical undersea infrastructure have allowed it to become one of this year’s TSX Venture 50 winners.
Kraken Robotics is recognized as the world's leading innovator of Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS), a revolutionary underwater imaging technology that dramatically improves seabed surveys by providing ultra-high resolution imagery at superior coverage rates. One of its leading product solutions, KATFISH™was introduced in 2018. Here are some highlights:
- KATFISH™is a high-speed, actively stabilized Synthetic Aperture Sonar towfish that operates at speeds up to 10 knots
- KATFISH™provides unprecedented high-resolution ACR of 4 km^/hr with 3.3 cm x 3.0 cm* constant resolution across ranges up to 200 m per side with simultaneous 3D bathymetry
- KATFISH™incorporates Kraken’s latest generation Real-Time SAS processor. RTSAS enables real-time processing of SAS imagery and bathymetry.
The engineers at Kraken designed the towfish with an unprecedented resolution and coverage rate to challenge the industry to rethink how hydrographic, pipeline, and mine countermeasure surveys should be conducted. Through the development of leading SAS product solutions, the company is transforming the future of subsea intelligence and enabling its clients to explore, power, and protect the planet.
To learn more about Kraken Robotics, visit their website here.
Make sure to follow Kraken Robotics Inc. to see their latest updates:
- - - - - -
The 2023 TSX Venture 50 is a ranking of top performers on TSX Venture Exchange over the last year. The ranking is composed of 10 companies from each of the five industry sectors and are selected based on three equally weighted criteria: market capitalization growth, share price appreciation and trading volume.
For the full 2023 TSX Venture 50 ranking, methodology and profile videos of companies included in the ranking, visit: www.tsx.com/venture50