Feb 27, 2023
Southern Energy Corp. is focused on developing conventional energy in the southeast U.S. Gulf states
- Southern Energy is an established oil and gas producer headquartered and incorporated in Alberta, Canada, with oil and gas interests in properties located in the southeastern United States, primarily in Mississippi
- The company has controlled and operated interests in properties covering approximately 30,000 net acres in the Mississippi Interior Salt Basin
Southern Energy Corp. (TSXV:SOU) provides a unique value proposition for investors. With a highly experienced management team and a proven track record of creating shareholder value together, the company is consolidating, optimizing, and developing high-quality conventional assets in the southeastern U.S. Gulf Coast region that is exposed to premium natural gas and oil pricing.
The company’s unique asset portfolio designed to deliver both equity appreciation and return of capital to shareholders has led it to become one of this year’s Venture 50 winners.
By 2026, it’s estimated that the oil and gas sector will reach over $10,000 billion. As part of its acquisition strategy, Southern Energy manages a proprietary geologic and well database to identify fields with large remaining resources in place and opportunities for organic redevelopment. With this unique strategy, the company is in the optimal position to reach its growth target of >25,000 boe/d.
Here are some highlights from South Energy’s three primary assets in the Mississippi Interior Salt Basin:
- Gwinville Field: This property represents about 53 per cent of the company’s Proved plus Probable (2P) reserves and approximately 23 per cent of Southern’s 2021 average production. The main producing zone is the Selma Chalk formation, with minor production from the City Bank formation.
- Mechanicsburg Field: This represents about 25 per cent of the company’s Proved plus Probable (2P) reserves and approximately 21 per cent of Southern’s 2021 average production. The main producing zone is the Cotton Valley formation.
- Mount Olive East Field: This property represents about 6 per cent of the company’s Proved plus Probable (2P) reserves and approximately 32 per cent of Southern’s 2021 average production. The main producing zone is the Eutaw formation.
To learn more about Southern Energy Corp., visit their website here.
Make sure to follow Southern Energy to see their latest updates:
- - - - - -
The 2023 TSX Venture 50 is a ranking of top performers on TSX Venture Exchange over the last year. The ranking is composed of 10 companies from each of the five industry sectors and are selected based on three equally weighted criteria: market capitalization growth, share price appreciation and trading volume.
For the full 2023 TSX Venture 50 ranking, methodology and profile videos of companies included in the ranking, visit: www.tsx.com/venture50