BNN Bloomberg sets up the week ahead with what investors need to know.
Monday, February 17
- Market holiday in Canada and the U.S.
Tuesday, February 18
- Notable earnings: Air Canada, Emera, Nutrien, Stelco Holdings, Walmart
- Notable data: Canadian manufacturing sales
- CRTC opens two-week hearing on mobile wireless services (NOTE: We’re sending Paul for the first two days of hearing. Maybe more, depending on if Entwistle speaks on Thursday. Here's the agenda.)
- Statistics Canada releases report on RRSP contributions in 2018
- CN Rail CFO Ghislain Houle addresses Barclays conference (8 a.m. ET)
Wednesday, February 19
- Notable earnings: Iamgold, Kirkland Lake Gold, Mosaic, Imax
- Notable data: Canadian CPI, U.S. housing starts and building permits
- CP CEO Keith Creel addresses Barclays conference (2:25 p.m. ET)
- U.S. Federal Reserve releases minutes from last meeting (2 p.m. ET)
Thursday, February 20
- Notable earnings: Newmont, Loblaw, Cargojet, RioCan, Gildan Activewear, Cott, Eldorado Gold, Hudbay Minerals, Inter Pipeline, Ovintiv
- Notable data: Teranet/National Bank Canadian home price index, Canadian new housing price index
- CN Rail CEO Jean-Jacques Ruest addresses Citi conference (8 a.m. ET)
- CP CEO Keith Creel addresses Citi conference (9:30 a.m. ET)
Friday, February 21
- Notable earnings: Royal Bank of Canada, Home Capital Group, Canfor, Deere & Co.
- Notable data: Canadian retail sales