(Bloomberg Opinion) -- The weekend is here! Pour yourself a mug of Danish blend coffee, grab a seat in the beach house and get ready for our longer-form weekend reads:
- New Details About Wilbur Ross’s Business Point to Pattern of Grifting (Forbes)
- Ten Years After the Crash, We Are Still Living in the World It Brutally Remade. (New York Magazine)
- What Trauma Docs Know (Chicago Magazine)
- James O’Shaughnessy Interview: How he rewrote the rules on stock market investing (Stockopedia)
- Inside the Very Big, Very Controversial Business of Dog Cloning (Vanity Fair)
- Visions of Bitcoin: How major Bitcoin narratives changed over time (Medium)
- The Cognitive Biases Tricking Your Brain (the Atlantic); see also Denialism: what drives people to reject the truth (the Guardian)
- How Broad, and How Happy, Is the Trump Coalition? (the Upshot)
- The Spy Who Drove Me (GQ)
- This NASA spacecraft is about to probe one of Earth’s scariest threats — the sun (Washington Post)
Be sure to check out our Masters in Business interview with Lee Cooperman, CEO and chairman of Omega Advisors, a New York-based hedge fund managing $3.5 billion, which is being converted into a family office. Cooperman, 75, is an active philanthropist, a member of the Giving Pledge, and has committed to giving his wealth away in his lifetime.
World Reaches 1,000GW of Wind and Solar, Keeps Going
Source: Bloomberg NEF
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here! And subscribe to Bloomberg All Access and get much, much more. You'll receive our unmatched global news coverage and two in-depth daily newsletters, the Bloomberg Open and the Bloomberg Close.
To contact the author of this story: Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Brooke Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
Barry Ritholtz is a Bloomberg Opinion columnist. He founded Ritholtz Wealth Management and was chief executive and director of equity research at FusionIQ, a quantitative research firm. He is the author of “Bailout Nation.”
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.