‘We’re so excited’: BNN Bloomberg launches today
BNN Bloomberg, Canada’s definitive source for business news, brings together Bell Media and Bloomberg Media Group’s unparalleled coverage under one brand.
Here’s a look at what you can expect from BNN Bloomberg’s television, digital and radio platforms.
The partnership BNN Bloomberg brings together BNN – Canada’s most-watched source of television business news – and Bloomberg’s 2,700 business journalists and analysts in 120 countries, in addition to its vast array of financial news, market data, analysis and TV programming.
Television BNN Bloomberg will deliver 22 hours of live shows every weekday, including:
- Bloomberg Surveillance, hosted by Tom Keene and Francine Lacqua, at 4 a.m. ET (1 a.m. PT)
- The Street, a review of key breaking news every morning and hosted by Paul Bagnell at 7 a.m. ET (4 a.m. PT)
- The Open, a show to help viewers gear up for the start of trading with Jon Erlichman at 8:30 a.m. ET (5:30 a.m. PT)
- Bloomberg Markets, BNN Bloomberg’s flagship show available globally and co-hosted by Amanda Lang in Toronto and Shery Ahn in New York at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT)
- The Real Economy, a new afternoon show hosted by Greg Bonnell at 2 p.m. ET that delivers unique perspective on the economy and how it affects Canadians' everyday lives (11 a.m. PT)
- The Close, which wraps up the trading day with host Catherine Murray at 3 p.m. ET (Noon PT)
- Bloomberg Technology, Emily Chang's deep dive on the technology sector at 5 p.m. ET (2 p.m. PT)
Market Call, Market Call Tonight Starting April 30, Market Call moves an hour earlier to noon ET (9 a.m. PT) and Market Call Tonight moves to 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT). Both shows will continue to have the same great line-up of money managers answering your questions on stocks and investing.
Free preview BNN Bloomberg will be available for a special free preview from Monday, April 30 to Thursday, June 28, through television service providers across Canada.
BNNBloomberg.ca BNN.ca and BNN’s app have been rebranded and relaunched as BNNBloomberg.ca and the BNN Bloomberg app. Viewers will have unprecedented access to BNN Bloomberg, with a live stream of its programming available on BNNBloomberg.ca, the app and other digital platforms. They will also have access to Bloomberg’s world class reporting through hundreds of new articles, photos and videos each day.
For the first time, subscribers can access both BNN Bloomberg’s live linear television feed, as well as Bloomberg Television’s U.S. linear feed, through BNNBloomberg.ca as well as on the BNN Bloomberg mobile app.
BNN Bloomberg also delivers voice-activated business news updates via Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa on mobile devices, and smart speakers such as Google Home and Amazon Echo Spot.
BNN Bloomberg Radio Canada's first business radio station - will launch locally in Vancouver on AM 1410 and across Canada on the iHeartRadio Canada app. The new station will simulcast BNN Blooomberg's television programming and feature specialty programming from Bloomberg.