(Bloomberg) -- Tal Education Group retreated 10 percent after sliding as much as 16 percent earlier in the day after Carson Block, chief investment officer at Muddy Waters, said he’s short the stock.
- New Oriental Education also slid 3.3 percent, the most in more than two weeks.
Tal Education’s Asia-traded peers that may move on the news are:
- Eastern Pioneer Driving School
- China Maple Leaf Educational
- Virscend Education Co.
- Wisdom Education International
- IDP Education Ltd.
NOTE: JL Warren’s Junheng Li defended Tal Education in a letter to clients Wednesday
- “We believe it’s a great buying opportunity, similar to EDU 30% selloff by a similar Muddy Waters report in 2012,” he said
- June 5: Block Says Fraudulent Chinese Companies Pose Risk to U.S.
To contact the reporter on this story: Elena Popina in New York at email@example.com
To contact the editors responsible for this story: Courtney Dentch at firstname.lastname@example.org, Morwenna Coniam
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.